NORDOCK® SMART-HOOK® Series
Model AR-10K Vehicle Restraint
Patented Direct Drive System with Hook Position Sensor
AR-10K Control Panel
High Visibility LED Signal Light
Large Outside Sign with Reverse Lettering
AR-10K Automatic Vehicle Restraint
Featuring the POWER-SAFE Battery Reserve System.
The SMART-HOOK® Series of automatic vehicle restraint is designed to prevent unscheduled departure, trailer creep and tip overs by using a large rotating hook to secure a trailer's rear impact guard (RIG) with 32,000 lbs. of restraining force and a mounting force in excess of 100,000 lbs.
The latest model in the SMART-HOOK® series, the AR-10K delivers trouble free operation and long-term reliability and increases loading dock safety with the addition of the exclusive POWER-SAFE battery reserve system.
Able to supply power to the vehicle restraint in the event of a power outage, the auto-recharging POWER-SAFE battery unit grants full operational restraint functions with safety communication lights for up to 24 hours, keeping truck drivers and dock attendants safe, in control and on schedule.
The low profile housing automatically adjusts to various trailer heights and movement and lowers to 9" above grade, avoiding potential damage from low hanging rear impact guards. The restraint is stored above ground level to keep free of snow, ice and debris.
AR-10K Features & Benefits
- POWER-SAFE system provides full power for up to 24 hours, allowing safe release, engagement and uninterrupted inside and outside communication lights
- Upward biased housing and hook keep constant contact with rear impact guard
- All functions are automatically Reset Once power is restored
- All weather zinc plated components for superior durability
- Large rotating hook design prevents unscheduled departure, trailer creep or tip over
- Patented direct drive system eliminates high maintenance clutch, chain and brake components
- Waterproof hook position sensor eliminates failure prone mechanical Limit switches
- Fault sensor alarm alerts operator when no rear impact guard is detected
- Auto-reversing hook avoids damage from incoming trucks
- NEMA 12 control panel enclosure with operator instructions printed on cover
- Above ground storage provides easy dock clean-up and keeps housing clear of snow, ice and debris
- Low-profile housing lowers to 9" off grade over 32,000 lbs. of restraining force and 100,000 lbs. of mounting force
- Zinc plated components with 5 Year structural warranty
- Solid state control system with diagnostics
- High visibility inside and outside communication LED Lights and signs
- Housing automatically positions itself to the correct height as trailer backs in
AR-10K Optional Equipment
- Integrated LOGI-SMART control systems
- Cantilever extension mounting bracket
- Cast-in wall mounting plate
- Keyed override switch