The IR-650 Series BOXCAR™ Inflatable Shelters are activated once the railcar is positioned creating a weathertight seal. The IR Series is available in custom sizes and projections to suit specific applications.
The BOXCAR™ Series features high wear resistant fabric, quick retraction system and on/off pilot light. Four-sided units with bottom are available including a Velcro attached breakaway fabric panel.
BOXCAR™ IR-650 Series Dock Shelter Features & Benefits
- Improves Safety & Productivity while Reducing Costs by Providing Protection from Inclement Weather, Dirt & Insects while Saving Energy
- High-Tear Abrasion Resistant Fabrics with Double Lock Stitched Seams
- Unique Retraction System Quickly Deflates & Returns Unit Against Wall
- On/Off Switch with Pilot Light
- Steel Side Frame Guards and Galvanized Steel Mounting Hardware Included
- Motor/Blower Cover
- Kiln-Dried Pressure Treated Superior Grade Backing & Head Frame Lumber
- Condensation Drainage System
- 3 Side & 4 Side Units Available
- Custom Door Sizes & Projections to Suit Specific Applications
- Storage Retention Straps
BOXCAR™ IR-650 Series Dock Shelter Options & Accessories
- Automatic On/Off System
- Galvanized Steel Frame
- Bottom Curtain
- Standard 16 oz. WEARTOUGH™ Fabric
- Dock Levelers
- TRUCK-LOCK® & SMART-HOOK® Vehicle Restraints
- FALL-STOP™ Barrier Gate
- Loading Dock Lights
- IMPACT™ Series Steel Spring & Steel Face Dock Bumpers
- Wheel Chocks
- Galvanized Steel Canopies
*SEE CHART IN SHORT FORM SPECS FOR EXCLUSIVE FABRIC OPTIONS
Short Form Specs
WEARTOUGH® Fabric Performance Specifications
The BOXCAR™ Series of inflatable rail shelters provide effective protection for personnel and cargo while loading and off loading standard box type railcars. The inflated seal pushes tight against the side of the railcar to help keep out inclement weather, dust and insects and creating a more productive and safer environment while saving energy costs and increasing security. Model IR shelters are custom made to suit the varying applications of door opening and track positions.
Once the railcar is positioned for loading, the operator switches the control button to start the blower that in turn inflates the bag assemblies against the side of the railcar creating a seal. The blower runs continuous as long as the loading or off loading is being carried out. When loading is complete, the operator turns off the switch and the shelter bags automatically retract to the building wall.
The bags are constructed from flexible and UV resistant 14 oz. High-Tear vinyl fabric, double lock stitched and attached to pressure treated superior backing lumber. The 1/2 HP 115/1/60 motor/blower is externally wall mounted with a galvanized steel protective cover. The on/off switch is mounted to the interior wall and equipped with a power on pilot light. A bag support and retraction system is mounted above the shelter with either gravity return tracks or spring rollers. Condensation drainage holes are provided in the bag assemblies. All mounting hardware is galvanized steel.
NORDOCK® guarantees that the IR Model of inflatable rail shelters will perform as described and to the full satisfaction of the purchaser for one-year from date of receipt. Consult your NORDOCK® representative for assistance in choosing the correct size and options for your application.